Wednesday, September 03, 2008

WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

This is joel lim DEFENG!!!! here! :)

Haha.. I find that ive been thinking about you people alot lately...
I've opened the scrapbook countless nos. of times and im not tired.
The times really aren't cherished until they're all gone...
And i returned to the ensemble blog once again cos' eliz says you can download the vid by 17 here hahah. And poof suddenly got alot of posts... so yea... cos my blog is locked up and i dunnoh if i sent invites to all, so i'll put that extract of my post here :)

I'm reallyyyy bad at saying goodbyes and all... but then again, this isn't exactly goodbye yet right?

Here goes:

I remember when i stepped into SA, i initially wanted to join guitar to learn and help with the morning worships @ sfc. LOL. So idealistic lar. Obviously none of that happened cos this is JC yo. Study study study.

So the happy me joined with like almost 50 other people in first intake... im sure you've heard this story once or twice. HAHA. and we like flooded the place.
Then cos Mr. Wan didn't exactly show people any mercy, so the numbers halved every week. Till like desmond myself and i think two other people remained... hahah. Then i left cos i got kinda ticked too... he actually gave us grades and all that lehh.... i just didn't like it at all then..
And where did i go? Recreational badminton. What a joke. Really regretted what i did cos it was really a waste of time. Sighs. On a side note, if desmond had stayed on he would have been the longest staying member... but probably with the worst attendence still. LOLS.

So it was not until i met yiqi and eliz in my JAE class and i remember during cca display i was discouraging them to go guitar due to the instructor.... hahaha. And Someone got irritated. Whoops... Yea. And the embarressing thing is i jumped back on the bandwagon in april cos i really couldn't take the badminton crap anymore... i just wanted to learn something new...

That was just the beginning another problem...first i felt as if i had missed out a lot cos' one month had already passed with SYF and camp... but when i went i found out there was three members... or four? I dunnoh... i only knew 17 and eliz, and during my first session, mr wan didn't make me play twinkle twinkle cos i sort of blended in with the rest...phew!

And i got to watch the entertaining performance by liyan and company... thanks to mr wan. Okok im just kidding : )

Yea so there was liyan and eliz and yiqi and jannah! and then i found out there was jaime. And then we found out that im the only guy and there's six of us and nth more.

I felt weird. I dunnoh but lots of the time i don't really find myself bonded as strongly to the others in guitar.... felt like my greatest struggles were not that of the work that we had to do, but more of trying to be part of the group of 6 (when i was the lone guy and mann i should really stop using that before i get slapped) and later the group of 8 (even when the guys came along).

Hahah it was the times when people spoke lotsa chinese or girls stuff that i shouldn't be hearing or the times at the guitar camp that i never went for or little things here and there. I must say sometimes i just felt lousy. And really. I wanted to quit badly. So i went on moping for quite a while, especially when the senior guys left. but hahah. Things change when time does its job, after slowly warming up and getting to know you people. My mind made a 180 degree turn!

Hey guys im not trying to say that you ostracised me or anything, but sometimes i guess i have the least things to add to our convos and im always along the sidelines... and a lot of the times i felt i couldn't click into your channels... so i ended up going all aloof many times. I'm sorry for all the times i used being tired as an excuse, though im not saying that there were no such instances of me being tired yea. Thats just me i guess... but im really thankful for you people cos you guys made guitar so much more than just a cca.

We shared the bitter and the sweet together all the way, whether it was planning for the camp or getting our performances together for CNY or open house or concert. Heh who could forget the retarddedd pavane (that i still don't pronounce correctly) that we practiced for almost a year! Or our first niibori piece from the beatles: Here comes the sun.. da-da da-da... yea! Keep in touch yes? :)

I need to agree with yiqi on one thing, and thats that in the end, you guys feel almost like family...its abit weird...cos i know you guys, yet i dunnoh you guys? 2 years really just ain't enough, but its enough to place a grin, no, a smile on my face. I realised that i realised this only during the days leading to farewell, when we handed over the reigns and went off to mug. I missed those guitar sessions where we'd get scolded together, or laugh at funny hand motions and mr wan... and many more things...


Yiqi.Eliz.Liyan.Jannah.Jaime.Kaijie.Matthew.

Its been amazing. Awesome. Thanks guys.
Jiayou for the big A's!!!